Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow mojave

Hi, Since upgrading my mid 2015 Macbook air, to Mojave it has been quite slow and laggy compared to how it was on High Sierra. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

If I went back to High Sierra would it go back to the same great speed?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 2:55 PM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2018 2:59 PM in response to robchamp

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Dec 9, 2018 3:54 PM in response to robchamp

I see two issues: 1 - uninstall the Avast anti-virus software. It's totally not needed and will only compromise system and application performance; Do a search for the developer's instructions for uninstalling. When done rerun Etrecheck and verify that all of the Avast components are gone; 2 - Time Machine is not enabled. Do you have a current backup of your internal hard drive? If not that should be job 1. Operating without a backup is like driving without seat belts. You're fine until you need them.

And did you user this method to copy and past the report:

The report as posted has a lot of white space that shouldn't be there.

slow mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.