Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medical ID stopped showing on Watch

After the last software update (5.1.2 - 16S46), medical ID no long shows up between "power off" and "emergency sos" on the watch when I long press side button. Any suggestions on getting it back? I have tried rebooting both watch and synced iPhone Xs. Checked Apple Watch App. Both Health and Heart apps are installed on the Watch and the Medical ID was showing before update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 7:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2018 4:15 PM in response to Raleigh-Larry

Hi Raleigh-Larry,

It sounds like you're having trouble with Medical ID showing up on your Apple Watch since updating. I know having that important info on hand is a great feature, and I want to help you make sure Medical ID is behaving as expected.

Is Medical ID displaying correctly on your iPhone?

Here's how to access that info:

Make an emergency call from a locked iPhone - Apple Support

If that's not showing up correctly either, take steps to set up Medical ID again here:

Set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone - Apple Support

If Medical ID is working fine on your iPhone but not on your Apple Watch, let's try to unpair and pair your Apple Watch as seen here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Medical ID stopped showing on Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.