Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will apple support iphone 6 after the first of the year?

I was going to get an xr and give my husband my 6 but I am told it will not be supported by apple in 2019. Is this true and what exactly does this mean for the 6.

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 9:46 AM

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

The newest iPhone on the list is the iPhone 4 which means the 4S, 5, 5S, and 5C still haven't been added. Also, it states that you will be able to get parts and service for 5 years after the product is no longer manufactured. iOS 11 and iOS 12 were available for the 5S but we have no idea yet which devices will support iOS 13. Even if the iPhone 6 won't run iOS 13 when it comes out, you'll still be able to get service for at least a few more years.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 9:46 AM in response to Trsmcmichael

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

The newest iPhone on the list is the iPhone 4 which means the 4S, 5, 5S, and 5C still haven't been added. Also, it states that you will be able to get parts and service for 5 years after the product is no longer manufactured. iOS 11 and iOS 12 were available for the 5S but we have no idea yet which devices will support iOS 13. Even if the iPhone 6 won't run iOS 13 when it comes out, you'll still be able to get service for at least a few more years.

will apple support iphone 6 after the first of the year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.