Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my AirPods beeping?

I see that some time ago there were complaints about random beeping on fully charged and connected AirPods. The accepted answer had to do with pairing, but that is not the problem.

The beeping I get is a medium tone in both ears without regularity, but when it happens, they beep within 20 seconds of each tone. I can find nothing on my iPhone X or my nearby iMac (latest) that explains the annoyance. Since I do not know why and they otherwise work fine, there is little I can do to "correct" the issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 10:17 AM

No, the battery is 100%—they were in the charging case overnight. The connection is just fine. It is not related to either of these. I can make and receive calls and listen to music. Perhaps there is some conflict with another device, but without any other information, how can I correct the problem?

3 replies

Dec 10, 2018 9:47 AM in response to grimstad

The beeping sound usually means low battery. Try this:

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the icon next to your AirPods.1 Then tap Forget This Device.
  2. Put your AirPods in the case and close the lid. Wait 15 seconds, then open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash amber a few times, then flash white.
  4. Place your AirPods close to your device. Follow the steps on your iOS device's screen.

Why are my AirPods beeping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.