Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud login

Hi, when I attempt to log into iCloud a password automatically loads. This password is incorrect - it's an old password. I always enter the correct one. How do I update this so that the current password automatically loads?

Amy

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 11, 2018 3:34 PM

7 replies

Dec 13, 2018 8:06 AM in response to Cella child

Here is how to find iCloud without everything else popping up in Keychain Access:

1. open the keychain access, highlight "passwords" under categories on left side.
  2. go to "search" bar and type exacty this : www.icloud.com

You should then see only the one result - with the email address you use -

Check "show password" box- enter password used for log in to your Mac)

Now you see old password that you need to update it: in this same space, put the cursor in and correct it - then click "save changes" box.

Now when you go to login at www.icloud.com, keychain will not load wrong password.

Dec 11, 2018 5:38 PM in response to Cella child

Try this: ( I’m assuming you’re using Mojave)

open keychain

highlight “passwords” then in search at top, enter “ iCloud.com”

the window then then should show you old icloud.com

if if you double click, it will have window for you to enter password to view the password.

if that is the old account, highlight it, then click “delete” . ( window will ask if you wish to delete, then hit delete it.

now when you go to sign to iCloud.com, it won’t pop up, but should ask you if you wish to add new password after it is entered ... click yes.

Dec 11, 2018 6:50 PM in response to Cåts

Hey Cats, I so appreciate your help! I am indeed using Mojave. I followed your instructions. When I go into keychain and search iCloud some results appear but they're weird urls that have iCloud in it but it's really long. And when I view the password it's a password I've never seen. I'm afraid if I delete things I'll mess something up.

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

iCloud login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.