Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Mail attachments do not download

Since I upgraded to Mojave I have the problem with Mail not downloading all attachments in a mail. Either none of the attachment or just some of the attacments in a letter are not downloading. It looks like this

Has anyone an answer to this?

MacBook Pro Retina (2015 and later)

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 4:23 AM

I do get some but not all. I changed the preferences for mail download to None but it didn't help. Yesterday I got a mail with 2 pdf's that didn't download. Had to go to the mail server to being able to download them.

Today I used the app Onyx, for some maintenance. I found out there is a list over malware. If Mail suspects the attachment are "infected" the file can be downloaded by Mail. In the picture I sadly already have deleted the my downloads on the list. This is really cumbersome .

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2019 4:23 AM in response to fruhulda

I do get some but not all. I changed the preferences for mail download to None but it didn't help. Yesterday I got a mail with 2 pdf's that didn't download. Had to go to the mail server to being able to download them.

Today I used the app Onyx, for some maintenance. I found out there is a list over malware. If Mail suspects the attachment are "infected" the file can be downloaded by Mail. In the picture I sadly already have deleted the my downloads on the list. This is really cumbersome .

Jan 8, 2019 5:34 AM in response to Moozito

I'm having the same problem - it started immediately after I updated to Mojave. The only way to get attachments to finish downloading is to quit mail and restart it.

But Apple, please tell me you're not going to make us continuously restart our Mail app over and over again all day long so I can get to my attachments. Please tell me that you're going to actually fix this...???!! Thanks...

Dec 14, 2018 8:31 AM in response to fruhulda

Hello fruhulda,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that after updating to macOS Mojave, your email attachments do not completely download. In a situation like this, I recommend quitting all the apps that are running and restarting into safe mode. If you are able to download your email attachments while in safe mode, restart your Mac as normal and see if the issue persists.

How to force an app to quit on your Mac - Apple Support

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Some Mail attachments do not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.