Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail setup for esim as the secondary line??

Having technical difficulties setting up voicemail for my esim number.

I have Verizon as my primary and voicemail is working

I have AT&T as my secondary esim number and I’m having trouble accessing the voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bdog

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 12, 2018 9:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2018 11:47 AM in response to Bdog777

Hi Bdog,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble setting up voicemail for your eSIM line with AT&T, but your primary line with Verizon has no trouble accessing voicemail. I can see why you'd reach out about this behavior; I'd like to help. Voicemail is activated and managed by your carrier, so I'd suggest checking with AT&T first to be sure voicemail is set up for this line.

"When you're on a call, an incoming call on your other phone number will go to voicemail, if you have voicemail set up with your carrier.* 

* If data roaming is on for the number that uses cellular data, then Visual Voicemail and MMS will be disabled on your voice-only number."

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

If you're still having trouble after working with AT&T to confirm that voicemail is active for your eSIM line, and other features are working properly, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple for further assistance: Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Voicemail setup for esim as the secondary line??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.