Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a web page suddenly disappear?

Macbook Air Mojave ---- After searching, when I open a link to a webpage, it opens and then disappears. Before the recent update I was able to open it. Any ideas as to why? Thanks

Barbara

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 5:33 PM

I have no problem viewing picclick.com in Safari, Firefox or Chrome. Are you running an antivirus program or a firewall?

Test while in Safe Mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

6 replies

Dec 14, 2018 11:26 AM in response to bgstock

As I think most Apple technicians would [at least off the record] admit, you shouldn't run ANY antivirus software on macOS, however running two simultaneously can cause odd, erroneous behaviors.

They can also sometimes be very 'System' dependent and an upgrade/update MAY break them.

Try disabling your antivirus software and see if that helps. Certainly try in safe-mode (above) too, that should disable all the extensions/add-ons but not a system AV.

Dec 15, 2018 3:46 AM in response to csutech

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try to do what you suggest, although Malwarebytes was installed from the Apple store and Bitdefender from my husband. I was hacked after going and after calling the Apple support for help, by someone who was asking me for $200 to take care of the problems for 6 months. As a result I am really hesitant to have nothing. I will try the safe mode when one of my children is here, so they can help when I am stuck. Thank you again.

Why does a web page suddenly disappear?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.