Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset problems on 10.14.2

Hello,

After upgrading to Mojave 10.14.2 I have problems with my bluetooth headsets: connection dropouts, sound issues, etc.

I've tried on my AirPods and Panasonic Headset. The issue is reproduced only on my MacBook. Those headsets are working good with my iPhone.

Does anyone have something like this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Hello trofimchyk,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're experiencing audio quality issues using Bluetooth devices with your Mac. You've come to the right place for help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps, testing if the behavior persists after each step:

If the behavior persists, the next step would be to reset your Bluetooth module. This step would disconnect all Bluetooth devices currently connected to your Mac. If you're using a wireless keyboard or mouse, you may want to consider switching to a wired device instead. You may also need to select the option to "Show Bluetooth in menu bar" from System Preferences > Bluetooth first. When you're ready, here's where to find that option:

1. Press and hold Shift-Option on your keyboard.
  2. Click the Bluetooth icon at the upper-right of your screen.
  3. Click the Debug option in the drop-down menu.
  4. Click Reset the Bluetooth module.

Once you restart your Mac, pair one of the Bluetooth devices to the Mac again and test. Let us know what happens from here.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2018 3:37 PM in response to trofimchyk

Hello trofimchyk,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're experiencing audio quality issues using Bluetooth devices with your Mac. You've come to the right place for help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps, testing if the behavior persists after each step:

If the behavior persists, the next step would be to reset your Bluetooth module. This step would disconnect all Bluetooth devices currently connected to your Mac. If you're using a wireless keyboard or mouse, you may want to consider switching to a wired device instead. You may also need to select the option to "Show Bluetooth in menu bar" from System Preferences > Bluetooth first. When you're ready, here's where to find that option:

1. Press and hold Shift-Option on your keyboard.
  2. Click the Bluetooth icon at the upper-right of your screen.
  3. Click the Debug option in the drop-down menu.
  4. Click Reset the Bluetooth module.

Once you restart your Mac, pair one of the Bluetooth devices to the Mac again and test. Let us know what happens from here.

Cheers!

Bluetooth headset problems on 10.14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.