Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cable broke in iPad port

I broke the end of my charging cable off and it is now lodged in the port. Can it be fixed?

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 12:55 PM

I would second taking it to the apple store. Let’s say you manage to get it out with a pair of needle nosed tweezers, but you put some scratches around the port doing so. A few months from now you have issues with that port. Even though those scratches are cosmetic in nature and didn’t damage anything they could still be cited as ‘proof’ of existing damage and used as a reason to not repair any future issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2018 12:55 PM in response to janet in largo

I would second taking it to the apple store. Let’s say you manage to get it out with a pair of needle nosed tweezers, but you put some scratches around the port doing so. A few months from now you have issues with that port. Even though those scratches are cosmetic in nature and didn’t damage anything they could still be cited as ‘proof’ of existing damage and used as a reason to not repair any future issues.

Dec 14, 2018 12:34 PM in response to janet in largo

If the lighting end piece can be removed intact, you should be OK. If you are uncomfortable trying to remove it, make an appointment at an Apple Store or an Authorized service provider and see if they can remove the broken piece.

Actually, you might be better off taking it in fo rservice than trying to do it yourself in case there was additional damage done when it broke.

Cable broke in iPad port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.