Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID logged in on iPhone without password

My iPhone was stolen overseas and the thieves have successfully changed my Apple ID, password and recovery phone number. I have bought a new phone and created a new ID but now that i have recovered my data from my itunes backup, it is locked to my previous ID (which no longer exists). I can't even factory reset without the password. Is there anything i can do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 7:41 AM

there is a contact link. They may want to see a copy of the original purchase receipt.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.    

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2018 7:41 AM in response to Mike_sommer

there is a contact link. They may want to see a copy of the original purchase receipt.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.    

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Change Apple ID logged in on iPhone without password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.