Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Alarm is Broken

My alarm won’t wake me to the sound i bought from I Tunes even though it is set to wake me up to that sound

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 4:47 AM

5 replies

Dec 17, 2018 4:10 PM in response to StrangerThings13

Hello StrangerThings13,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that a tone purchased from iTunes does not play when used as an alarm sound. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

Try the following steps, creating a test alarm in the near future to confirm that the tone plays as expected:

1. Ensure the iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Confirm that this tone has been downloaded and can be played in the Music app on your iPhone.
  3. Verify that you can hear the tone play when you select it as a Sound when you set an alarm following the steps here: How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you're still experiencing the behavior, some additional information that would be helpful to know is: Do you hear no sound or a different sound play when your alarm plays? Do other alarm sounds play as expected if you set an alarm with a different sound?

Cheers!

My Alarm is Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.