Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 in sauna

My last phone was stolen from a locked locker in my gym. I'd like to take a sauna at the gym, but don't want my phone stolen again. If I keep the phone off, and put it in a watertight container, can I take it in the sauna? Or will the heat damage the phone?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 9:42 AM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2018 7:52 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Of course I could "get a better lock" (although there are lots of YouTube videos demonstrating how to easily defeat most padlocks, even expensive ones). I could also "leave it in the car" - except that cars get broken into as well. I could also leave it at home with the burglar alarm on.

My question is whether there is a safe way to take the phone into the sauna with me. Sounds as though the answer is "no."

Jan 12, 2019 9:10 PM in response to Da Huff

This is a risk tolderance question, not an iPhone question. What is your risk tolerance? I'm holding this phone right now with one hand in below freezing temperature while I'm relaxing in a 104F hot tub. I would not take my phone in a sauna, because I would not be bothered by the risk of leaving it in my loose bag in some random unlocked ladies room locker. If you are comfortable with risk, then just leave it in your pants pocket. If you're not comfortable with risk, then lock it up somewhere instead of risking it in the sauna.

iPhone 8 in sauna

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.