Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked Screen

What if I discover a hairline crack on screen top to bottom , 3 weeks after purchasing the product ?

ipad in case and with glass protector , no damage done ?

who is responsible , manufacturer defect ? How can you help, what can I do as customer?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 3:42 PM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2018 4:13 PM in response to gabisiioana

manufacturer defect ?

Well, first of all, it sounds like you’re talking about two different manufacturers:

1. The iPad manufacturer (Apple). If the cracked screen were their defect, you would have to show the iPad came with a crack in the factory-sealed box. This sounds extremely unlikely.
  2. The glass (screen) protector. If this caused the defect, you would have to show that normal application and use of this product would tend to crack most iPad screens. Again, this sounds highly unlikely.

What you should do is visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center, let them service your cracked screen, and be prepared to pay for that service.

Dec 15, 2018 9:54 PM in response to sberman

Well S Berman I think your reply to my question is wrong and very unhelpful.

First of all being in the UK I am protected by the consumer act 2015 and in the first 30 days(or first 6 months ) I don’t need to prove anything but the manufacturer needs to prove I have damaged it and this is very unlikely and Apple should be ready to replace the product.

on the other hand your colleague s answer down below was more sincere and close to what should I do and take the iPad in , let it be evaluated by Apple experts and if they can prove I caused the damage by misuse then I am ready to pay for repair.

Overall you should be ready to admit I am not the first case and as per online reviews is known that because of size and bed design this is a common issue with iPad Pro 12.9’ second gen and screen cracks top to bottom just where microphone and camera ports are down to home button

Anyway , thank you

Cracked Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.