Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo albums

how can I move photo albums from my Mac to my phone?

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 6:20 AM

There are tree ways, see this link: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

1. Manually: You can sync selected albums or all photos to the iPhone with iTunes Photo Sync. This is a one-way transfer - you cannot easily transfer the photos back. And the photos my be somewhat reduced in size.
  2. Shared Albums: Copy the albums photos from the albums you want to transfer to shared albums. this will also transfer only smaller versions, and the sort order may be lost.
  3. iCloud Photos: The most convenient method: The complete library will upload to iCloud and always be in sync with the edits you are doing on all devices. But this requires enough iCloud storage to accommodate all your photos. And your iPhone should have enough storage to hold all photos from your Photos library, at least in a small, optimized version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2018 6:20 AM in response to PaulHouse

There are tree ways, see this link: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

1. Manually: You can sync selected albums or all photos to the iPhone with iTunes Photo Sync. This is a one-way transfer - you cannot easily transfer the photos back. And the photos my be somewhat reduced in size.
  2. Shared Albums: Copy the albums photos from the albums you want to transfer to shared albums. this will also transfer only smaller versions, and the sort order may be lost.
  3. iCloud Photos: The most convenient method: The complete library will upload to iCloud and always be in sync with the edits you are doing on all devices. But this requires enough iCloud storage to accommodate all your photos. And your iPhone should have enough storage to hold all photos from your Photos library, at least in a small, optimized version.

photo albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.