Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I allow adults in my Family Sharing group to make purchases on their own payment method?

I have a family sharing setup for my Mother, Father and adult brother. The family sharing plan defaults to my credit card, and it prevents my mother, father or brother from purchasing apps because they need my card’s CVV. How do they complete their purchase using their own credit card?

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 11:46 AM

Adult family members on your Family Sharing account can do one of two things to put a credit on their account which would be debited before your card is used:

1. Purchase an iTunes Gift Card and redeem it on their account
  2. Add funds to their Apple account by following the instructions in this support article: Add funds to your Apple ID - Apple Support

You can go to your own Apple account on your device and update your credit card info (re-type all of the credit card data), and that should stop the issue with the CVV being asked for on other's devices.

Best,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2018 11:46 AM in response to Foush0

Adult family members on your Family Sharing account can do one of two things to put a credit on their account which would be debited before your card is used:

1. Purchase an iTunes Gift Card and redeem it on their account
  2. Add funds to their Apple account by following the instructions in this support article: Add funds to your Apple ID - Apple Support

You can go to your own Apple account on your device and update your credit card info (re-type all of the credit card data), and that should stop the issue with the CVV being asked for on other's devices.

Best,

GB

How can I allow adults in my Family Sharing group to make purchases on their own payment method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.