Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft excel file disappeared

I worked on an excel file about 3 days ago. When I tried to find it today it just disappeared from my iMac. When I go to recents the file name is there, but it's says file doesn't exist or it has been deleted, renamed or moved, which I have not done. I can not find it anywhere. Where do I go and look for this critical file?

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 4:21 AM

On iCloud.com

1. Sign in to iCloud.com.
  2. Go to iCloud Drive.
  3. In the bottom-right corner, click Recently Deleted items.
  4. Browse the list of files.

You can also go to Settings > Restore Files. After 30 days, files are removed from Recently Deleted and Restore Files.

iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 17, 2018 5:47 AM in response to M Viljoen Art

Very possible that the file is still there but corrupt and possibly no longer under the name you're looking for. Glad you found your previous version. Cloud storage is ok I guess but you might want to use this as a lesson about physical backups. Time Machine requires nothing from you once it's set up and running, you just need an external 2-3 times larger than the data you plan to back up. With a TM backup you could have avoided all of this.

Microsoft excel file disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.