Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 character animation question

Hello,

I'm trying to animate my simple text. Is there any possibility to change the speed of single character appearing in the whole text? For example, I'm adding the blur behaviour to my text and I want to change the speed of text appearing just in the end of the word (not in the whole word or line). Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Hello VytenisL

I might be wrong, but I think this is what you are describing? You can get some control over the speed/delivery of each character animation by choosing the 'custom' setting for speed.

It is here in the menu.

Selecting this should give you a curve to work with in the key frame editor.

With this curve available, you should be able to create the timing you need.

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I think maybe this is what you are looking for.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 4:05 PM in response to VytenisL

Hello VytenisL

I might be wrong, but I think this is what you are describing? You can get some control over the speed/delivery of each character animation by choosing the 'custom' setting for speed.

It is here in the menu.

Selecting this should give you a curve to work with in the key frame editor.

With this curve available, you should be able to create the timing you need.

I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I think maybe this is what you are looking for.

Dec 19, 2018 2:41 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Thanks. This technique (0 % opacity and Sequencing set to "Through Inverted") is quite interesting - letters appearing on by one. Still my main goal is to control one character and change the time it appears. Now they appear in the same time (this is how behaviors work - there is bar length and every element in composition appears in the same time). I don't have any control to make them appear a bit later or before.

Motion 5 character animation question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.