Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 12.1.2

Just installed the update and now I do not have cellular access on my iPhone7. I cannot call out or receive calls, have tried all the tips online, and there is no cellular update for my phone. Any other tips to make my phone work again?

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 5:59 PM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2019 11:12 PM in response to akmirjam

I’m very upset 😡 that I now have to take time out of my day to get a motherboard put in “so I was told by tech support “ because model of phone won’t take update which I feel is an excuse for something of a bigger issue... also if can’t get problem fixed then supposedly I would get a phone of equal value. What I don’t understand is I saw on forum that people had this same issue 2-3 weeks before I did, so why wouldn’t apple put a stop on upgrade or a warning ⚠️ to people to stop this unfortunate issue.. My situation is all of this years Christmas 🎄 family pictures I took with my phone which I’ve been doing since 2014 now these memories are not backed up and I’m really upset about that the most...also the closest apple store near me is 53 miles away and I live in New Jersey... I said this year I was going to steer away from apple iPhones I guess this is the kick I needed!!!

Jan 2, 2019 6:30 AM in response to xman_ghio

I had an iPhone 7s, and I finally gave up on getting it fixed. Just having WiFi is not sufficient as I was unable to receive calls when on the road and not near a WiFi station. My data was all backed up, and I finally bought the iPhone X. I believe the bug is just another ploy to steer the customer to a new phone. My husband also ran into issues with the update but he got his cellular connection back after a few tries. I was not so lucky. I reset the 7s, I had new sim card put in by AT&T, and when I went to Apple, they told me they could not help me and had to make an appointment with a Genius Bar. I am right near the new Apple campus in Cupertino at the old location and new location and neither one has a Genius Bar, which does not make sense. After wasting four hours, I just bought a new phone and got $300 back for my old one. Not happy that I was forced to upgrade in order to have connectivity again. I may just go back and get a landline again as a backup.

Jan 3, 2019 6:37 AM in response to akmirjam

i had the same issue. after trying everything to try and fix the issue in the apple communities i finally brought my phone to the verizon store. They recommended a reset to factory default and if that didnt work contact verizon support and they would send a replacement. i tried the reset to default and the phone could not even activate over my home wireless network or while connected to itunes on teh computer. when you select activate manually it would always fail. So if you guys want to have some kind of functionality with the phone before you get a replacement, dont do a reset to factory default , you wont be able to get to the home screen anymore and will be off the grid until your new phone arrives.

Jan 3, 2019 8:07 AM in response to vroomski

That is correct. The Apple and AT&T people recommended not to do the factory default for that specific reason. Hence why I finally bought a new phone. I still believe this is an new Apple gimmick to boost sales and force people to buy a new product. It is along the line of the battery life issue that Apple was confronted on. Seems sad that such a large business has to resort to such tactics to boost sales. My iPhone 7s was only three years old and should not have had an issue with the upgrade. AT&T spent two hours with me trying to fix the issue, but they basically said that it was an Apple issue with a bug in the software. It appears it is a major issue for a lot of people.

IOS 12.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.