Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two sets of earphones for our iPhone XR

My wife and I like to listen to books on our iPhone. Last month we traded our 5s iPhones for XR iPhones but the receptacle for the earphones is different. Is there a splitter that will allow us to plug our two sets of earphones into an iPhone XR so we can listen to the same book like we used to do on our 5s? Costs are a concern.

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 4:22 PM

I think I solved it. I will (a.) put my thunderbolt to 3.5 mm mini converter into the iPhone XR and then (b.) insert my 3.5 mm mini splitter which I used with my wife with our old iPhone 5s's into the converter and then( c.) Insert the two earphones from our old iPhone 5s's into the splitter. The new iPhone XR earbuds can be kept in their boxes.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 4:22 PM in response to deggie

I think I solved it. I will (a.) put my thunderbolt to 3.5 mm mini converter into the iPhone XR and then (b.) insert my 3.5 mm mini splitter which I used with my wife with our old iPhone 5s's into the converter and then( c.) Insert the two earphones from our old iPhone 5s's into the splitter. The new iPhone XR earbuds can be kept in their boxes.

Two sets of earphones for our iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.