Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting 'Cocoa error 66800' when adding to Photos library

Hi, can anyone please help me resolve this 'Cocoa error 66800' when I try to 'share' photos to my Photos library on my MacBook Pro?

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 3:33 AM

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm running macOS Mojave. Actually, Photos crashed and when I restarted it, it had loaded the two photos. I had Airdropped them from my iPhone as Photo stream hadn't transferred them (must have had too many photos, or too little capacity perhaps) and was then using the 'Share to' feature to get them to the Photo library. They are jpegs I think but am not totally sure what format the iPhone uses.

Anyway, all is good now thanks for whatever reason :)

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 3:33 AM in response to léonie

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm running macOS Mojave. Actually, Photos crashed and when I restarted it, it had loaded the two photos. I had Airdropped them from my iPhone as Photo stream hadn't transferred them (must have had too many photos, or too little capacity perhaps) and was then using the 'Share to' feature to get them to the Photo library. They are jpegs I think but am not totally sure what format the iPhone uses.

Anyway, all is good now thanks for whatever reason :)

Jan 7, 2019 7:22 PM in response to J-Dub8

Hi J-Dub8,

It fixed itself after Photos crashed. I had also deleted photos off my iPhone and the laptop. So I'm not sure what actually made the difference, but when I re-started Photos, the photos were there that I had tried to share. Perhaps try shutting down Photos, and re-starting your computer. Good luck.

Getting 'Cocoa error 66800' when adding to Photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.