Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Writing .jpg files to SD Card - unreadable by camera

I have some jpg files originating from a digital camera and wish to fill a SD Card with these so I can show them on a TV that has a SD Card slot. I do not have access to the TV by the way so cannot confirm if it works the way it will eventually be used.

When I simply do the transfer to a card formatted by my camera Canon Power Shot SX280 and put this card back in the camera these shots are not found. I have another camera so I format the card on that camera and same problem occurs. Card is fine, shots on that card, taken by either camera are stored and can be read my Mac OS 10.13.06.

Card is formatted as MBR Fat32 according to Diskutility.

So, what am I missing here please? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 1:51 AM

The camera will expect the photos to be in the same location, and have the same naming scheme as when the photos were taken. That is, they’ll need to be in a DCIM folder, possibly with a sub folder such as “Canon 100” and be named as IMG_0001. Photos to be displayed on a TV, should not need the folder/sub folder scheme.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 1:51 AM in response to IanDeGama

The camera will expect the photos to be in the same location, and have the same naming scheme as when the photos were taken. That is, they’ll need to be in a DCIM folder, possibly with a sub folder such as “Canon 100” and be named as IMG_0001. Photos to be displayed on a TV, should not need the folder/sub folder scheme.

Writing .jpg files to SD Card - unreadable by camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.