Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email question: after receiving emails over a 2 day period, all emails are stored under the date 31.07.18.

email question: After receiving emails over a 2 day period, I can read emails from today and yesterday, after which all emails are then stored under the common date, 31.07. 18.

It doesnt matter if I use apple mail or outlook express the same storage glitch occurs.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 3:49 AM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2018 5:51 AM in response to savemysanityplz

What you mean by “stored under the common date” is not clear to me. Could you elaborate on that?

by default, Apple Mail does not rename nor file nor create mailboxes (folders) using dates, absent some local scripting rules. Alternatively, rules running on your particular mail server and mail account can reorganize mail messages using vadious details.

If multiple mail clients are all showing a specific name or mailbox (folder) or such, then it’s somehow common, or happening in a common way. it’s probably then a rule running on one system that is managing the messages on the mail server and thus visible to all clients, replicated rules, or something running in the mail server.

But again, I’m not sure what you mean by that common date.

If the arrival dates on the messages are all getting changed, that seems most likely to be a corruption arising on the mail server.

email question: after receiving emails over a 2 day period, all emails are stored under the date 31.07.18.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.