Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Freezing

Has anyone else had this problem? When I send a project from FCPX or Motion to compressor, the application freezes as soon as I click "Start Batch." I've tried removing plists, removing custom compression settings, deleting and reinstalling the app and still have the same issue.

I did get a project from FCPX to begin compression but then it failed a few minutes later. I've used this workflow for years and never had an issue until now.

I'm running High Sierra but don't see why that should be an issue.

Posted on Dec 21, 2018 7:25 AM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2019 11:24 AM in response to Abbottron

Ok. Didn't work. I think I may do a fresh install of the OS. When I restarted after removing Compressor the computer failed to load the operating system on the first try (weird). Here's the error I'm getting though:

Here's my workaround. I have been setting up custom compressor settings and then exporting with them straight from Final Cut. That seems to work fine.

Dec 23, 2018 11:51 AM in response to Abbottron

What third party plugins are you using in the FCPX project? Could be one of them.

You can try exporting a ProRes 422 from FCPX first, take that into Compressor, see if that works ok. This would simply be a troubleshooting technique, not a permanent fix.

I'd do this first. Open Compressor by itself. Clear any and all batch jobs. Go to Preferences, to Advanced and click the Reset Queue button. Do a "Clear All Jobs" function. Click it again and do a "Repair Compressor" function. Reboot your Mac. I'd open Disk Utility and run a First Aid on all drives for safe measure.

If that doesn't help, I'd get the free app "FCS Remover" from DigitalRebellion.com and use it to totally remove Compressor from your system. Then open the App Store, go to Purchases and install Compressor from scratch.

Compressor Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.