Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightroom 6 (64 bit app) Future Incompatibility Warning in Mojave

Lightroom 6 is a 64 bit app. This is confirmed by checking system information.

Despite this, my MacBook Pro running Mojave warns "Adobe Lightroom" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated. This app will not work with future versions of macOS..." Clicking on 'Learn More' takes you to an Apple web page that explains only that older 32 bit apps won't work in future macOS releases.

What is up with this?

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 10:57 AM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2019 4:02 AM in response to PJDH

I have the same issue. I think that the problem may be that the Map module (which I never use) has been deprecated as of 30 November 2018. Apparently Google changed an API call. I don't know whether or not an individual module in LR 6 could be 32 bit. The app itself reports that it is 64 bit.

In any case, when the next OS release comes out I'll do what I always do and install it first on a precloned MacBook Pro and see what works and what doesn't. I can then take a view on what to do on my main machine. Additionally I have virtualised Mac OS using VMWare so that I can run a virtual High Sierra OS on a Mohave machine and when the next OS appears I'll virtualise Mohave on it and that way I should be able to extend the life of my permanent LR6 and Photoshop CS6 for some time. I'm disinclined to go the CC route. I've been buying and using Photoshop since version 4. So about 23 years.

Jan 9, 2019 1:15 PM in response to dialabrain

I agree that it's less than ideal but performance is not an issue for me. My primary focus is photography (no pun intended) and I only shoot RAW. The bulk of what I need to do vis a vis image processing, cataloguing, retrieving etc can now be done with various image processing software. When it comes to printing though and preparing for printing, I only ever use Photoshop. Ditto if doing some serious image manipulation. It's kind of in my DNA. LOL

Provided those features of PS/LR that I use continue to work albeit somewhat slowly, I'm ok with that.

Just out of curiosity I just launched Photoshop CS3 under Mojave (real rather than virtual) and apart from the version of Adobe RAW in CS3 being unable to read my recent files, the bits that I need still work.

Lightroom 6 (64 bit app) Future Incompatibility Warning in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.