Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant get iTunes to open on my PC

I have Apple's iTunes installed on my Dell PC running Windows 8.1

Last night I did some file cleaning on my PC including some files that dealt with the music in my iTunes program. Today I went to open iTunes and it wouldn't open so I'm sure I either deleted or altered something last night that has made iTunes unable to open. What should be my best way to go about making my iTunes functional again?

Thank you!

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 6:13 AM

Hello cornett1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to open iTunes on your Windows PC. You've come to the right place for help.

While the following resource is for help when you can't update or install iTunes for Windows, it provides relevant troubleshooting steps for this issue:

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Be sure to follow the steps in the order listed and keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2018 6:13 AM in response to cornett1

Hello cornett1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to open iTunes on your Windows PC. You've come to the right place for help.

While the following resource is for help when you can't update or install iTunes for Windows, it provides relevant troubleshooting steps for this issue:

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Be sure to follow the steps in the order listed and keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

I cant get iTunes to open on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.