Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an email app that doesn't keep/store emails locally on mac?

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any email apps that allow a user to access their email through a mail app on their mac, but without the emails being saved/stored onto the mac?

In other words, an email app that allows a user to read and send email, but the app doesn't save a copy of the files/email messages/store them on the mac.

Thanks for your help and your time!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 6:28 PM

Yes, I understand that I am able to do it through a browser, but I was more asking about an actual mac app that I could use to check and write email with (rather than going onto a browser and going to the email client that way), but an email app that wouldn't store the emails on my mac and waste space, like the apple Mail app does on the mac.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2018 6:28 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I understand that I am able to do it through a browser, but I was more asking about an actual mac app that I could use to check and write email with (rather than going onto a browser and going to the email client that way), but an email app that wouldn't store the emails on my mac and waste space, like the apple Mail app does on the mac.

Is there an email app that doesn't keep/store emails locally on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.