Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Friends for Android

All my friends use iPhone but one of my friends use Android. Is there a way to use Find My Friends to include my Android friend also? If so, how please?

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2018 12:09 PM

Friends don't let friends buy Androids.

8 replies

Dec 24, 2018 11:41 AM in response to hoangtu69

If your friends don’t have a smartphone, you can still use the Find My Friends App to locate them. Just send them an invite via text. Once they reply with a “yes,” their icon will show up on the App’s map. The App uses cell phone tower triangulation to help you find friends no matter where they are. Locate friends on the Find My Friends App with any phone.

Link to: Find My Friend (Android)

The App works with iPhones, Android Phones, BlackBerry phones, and even non-Smartphones. Just install the App on all the phones that you want to be tracked. For non-smartphones, just send an invite via text, and once the invite is accepted, that phone can be tracked.

Dec 24, 2018 12:18 PM in response to hoangtu69

No. I am saying that Find My Friends is an Apple proprietary app and location service.

Whatever the Android app you found is, it does not come from Apple. It is not sanctioned by Apple, based on what I can see on their web site, it does not interact with Apple's Find My Friend's service at all.

In order to use that, everyone involved has to download their app and use it instead of Find My Friends.

Find My Friends for Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.