Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message "The frame rate of your app video preview is too high." by AppStore connect

I was trying to upload a video of screen motions made by QuickTime Player on AppStore connect. The video was made successfully, but when I was uploading the video on AppStore connect, the error message was displayed, saying

"The frame rate of your app video preview is too high."

Having looked at the details of my video, I wasn't able to find where the frame rate was.

Attached image is everything I know about the details of my video by QuickTime Player.

How can I solve this problem?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 1:38 AM

The requirements say: 30 fps maximum.

Screen recordings (can) have a variable frame rate. When you play the video in Mac QuickTime Player, you can ⌘I to see the floating Movie Inspector window. At FPS it will list the average frame rate.

The frame rate in these recordings can easily go to 60 fps or above. This means you will have to export/re-encode to 30 fps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2018 1:38 AM in response to tumblingdown

The requirements say: 30 fps maximum.

Screen recordings (can) have a variable frame rate. When you play the video in Mac QuickTime Player, you can ⌘I to see the floating Movie Inspector window. At FPS it will list the average frame rate.

The frame rate in these recordings can easily go to 60 fps or above. This means you will have to export/re-encode to 30 fps.

error message "The frame rate of your app video preview is too high." by AppStore connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.