Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has deleted all non-iTunes music

I changed my iTunes folder to my backup folder on an exterior drive (E:). After doing so I checked iTunes (it was a fresh install because it’s now installed on a new internal drive (C:) and it only saw iTunes music and videos. After trying several times to make E: my default folder I checked the physical drive and although the folders remain, the contents of those folders have been deleted. This could only have been done by ITunes. So far Apple support is passing me from one department to another. Any suggestions please?

(Ps it’s on Windows 10)

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 5:26 AM

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. If you have content marked as waiting it might not have been successfully uploaded, and therefore cannot be downloaded. Alternatively if you're seeing content with exclamation marks iTunes assumes you have those even though they don't work. Select some track, right-click and use the remove download option, then download.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 5:26 AM in response to cstoney

See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. If you have content marked as waiting it might not have been successfully uploaded, and therefore cannot be downloaded. Alternatively if you're seeing content with exclamation marks iTunes assumes you have those even though they don't work. Select some track, right-click and use the remove download option, then download.

tt2

Dec 25, 2018 6:50 PM in response to Neil_needs_support

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community in case it some odd permissions problem caused by the clean install.

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community if you need to pull back media from a device or backup.

See Make a split library portable - Apple Community for advice on setting out your library on a different drive.

See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a suggested backup strategy.

tt2

iTunes has deleted all non-iTunes music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.