Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Accent won’t download 0%

My wife’s iPhone XR won’t allow her to change the Siri accent. She only gets the American male / female option. I have the same phone an using the Australian accent. iOS version 12.12

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 25, 2018 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 9:04 AM

Hello Walker_19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the option for an Australian accent for Siri isn't available on your your wife's iPhone XR. I can see how this could be a bit confusing since the option is present for you on the same iPhone. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes. This step can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any error messages and additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2018 9:04 AM in response to Walker_19

Hello Walker_19,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the option for an Australian accent for Siri isn't available on your your wife's iPhone XR. I can see how this could be a bit confusing since the option is present for you on the same iPhone. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes. This step can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any error messages and additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Siri Accent won’t download 0%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.