Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

billing fraud?

Has anyone else been prompted to enter routing and account numbers of checking account when disputing a billing in the iTunesStore?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 10:46 AM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2018 12:06 PM in response to herpipeness

If 'opened the bill' means you opened an email then it sounds like a phishing email. iTunes would have no need to ask for your payment details for a refund, they already know how the item was paid for and therefore where a potential refund would go. Genuine emails also contain the billing address from the iTunes account. If you entered your iTunes account's password you should change it immediately, and check its purchase history.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Dec 26, 2018 12:03 PM in response to King_Penguin

I opened the bill itself and then clicked on 'cancel payment'. This led to asking for user name, pw etc, and auto filled my credit card. Then it wanted me to enter all this bank info. It appeared to be the Apple site, but all the clickable words across the top (including 'support') were dimmed and not accessible, which made me suspicious. I got out, opened the Apple site in a new tab and went to support to start this conversation.

billing fraud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.