Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro monitor

SITUATION: I have a 2015 15" Macbook Pro. I've been trying to get an external monitor, but the two i bought(and returned) had horrible text resolution - very fuzzy. They were Samsung curved 32" and 27" monitors, HD, CF series. I was thinking the size was too large for scaling, so got the smaller, but same fuzzy text. It's intolerable, hard on the eyes. I tried all the suggested fixes I saw online, even had Samsung take remote control of the situation, and they could not find anything.

QUESTION: Is this text fuzziness because with a MacBook Pro (Retina display) do you need to get a 4K, UHD external monitor? Is there some special compatibility that I am not aware of? Does anyone have experience with fuzzy text on the MacBookPro using a standard HD monitor, and what does one do about it?

MacBook Pro Retina (2015 and later)

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 11:35 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 26, 2018 12:00 PM in response to chesterarthur

The fuzziness might be caused by font smoothing - it is a feature that can be toggled in the General tab of System Preferences. Also, I notice on my display that the slight fuzziness is more pronounced when the display is bright. I was able to turn the brightness down which actually turned out to be easier on my eyes besides making the words seem crisper.

macbook pro monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.