Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG Apple Watch 4 in Europe?

Could you please tell me when the ECG feature will be available in Europe?

that’s really not fair that the availability of this feature that was over demonstrated in keynote is not available

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 3:52 PM

19 replies

Feb 24, 2019 9:04 AM in response to julieda

As for News Apps see if you can download Drudge or CNN or Fox News.

The Drudge Report was removed from the Apple Store quite some time ago.

You are not addressing Apple although they may read your post.

While the Hosts will read the post, they don't read for suggestions, only for compliance to the Terms of Use.

For suggestions, direct people to the feedback page:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 26, 2019 4:46 AM in response to christophe-CH

Consider that before you buy the Apple Watch Series 4. We need to face the fact that this feature is currently only available in the U.S.A. That's all. You can find this info at: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/12/ecg-app-and-irregular-heart-rhythm-notification-available-today-on-apple-watch/

"This feature is available on Apple Watch Series 4 in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands, and requires iPhone 5s or later on iOS 12.1.1. "

I understand your point but considering the different law and health care systems in each countries it would be extremely difficult to adopt this feature.

Feb 23, 2019 11:28 AM in response to julieda

Thanks apple for being so great with this. Some things that I consider leaving apple st the moment: I’m from Portugal and things we never see :

1. Siri in Portuguese. We don’t talk like Brazilian people.
  2. News apps? Where is ?
  3. Apple Pay? Come on.....
  4. ecg feature will ever be in Portugal ? We have paid to have this feature but ...if is like Siri, Inwilm be waiting such a long to have a ecg in my wrist. Perhaps when Apple Watch have the watchOS 20.1
  5. tv app for Apple TV ?

Wel, I have all the devices of apple, the major ones, but this last year I’m getting frustrated with you. I will be 50yesrs old and this things will be the same, because you apple, are more concerned to see what is in the US and don’t have consider that you are a internacional company. XIAOMI, Samsung, Huawei até getting close and they see all the people in the same way. Why they can enter in the banks market and you don’t ?

Feb 23, 2019 11:53 AM in response to Reddyzinho

I'm sorry you feel as you do. You should be able to use the Google App and ask it questions in lieu of Siri. As for News Apps see if you can download Drudge or CNN or Fox News. You might be able to find other Apps to substitute for Apple Pay....maybe a Bank App. By the way, I am just a participant in the Forum, trying to help others if I can. You are not addressing Apple although they may read your post.

Feb 24, 2019 4:57 AM in response to Pirmas

Buy apple watch from US and ECG will work in any country you will be :)

Not strictly true. The ECG app will continue working once it is setup and activated, but buying from USA is only part of the consideration. It must be a US model Series 4 watch originally supplied by Apple for sale within USA and associated territories, purchased within USA (Apple doesn’t ship to export). Current reports here suggest the ECG app can only be first installed and activated if the watch is within permitted areas (so don’t buy in USA then expect to set it up on arrival in Europe).

There is another big constraint for anyone wanting the LTE/cellular version - the North America region Apple Watch purchased in USA is not compatible and will not connect to cellular networks anywhere else in the world.

Feb 27, 2019 9:18 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Slow down, I bought the aw4 in Germany, could not activate ecg. Sent it back and ordered in us, shipped by me. Could not activate esim with TELEKOM. (Different cell system coverage, it is true) sent the us one back and got the German one again, now waiting for ecg! By the way, an eu (ce med device) cert will cover all eu. That is quite a market for Apple to ignore.

hope this saves someone the time

ECG Apple Watch 4 in Europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.