Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Amazon Echo Alexa Linking Problem

I have an Apple Music premium family account with a whole bunch of playlists I would like to access using my voice on the Amazon Echo. The instructions I found online to make Apple Music the default music service on the Amazon Echo are:

1-Open Alexa App

2-Open the Menu (top left)

3-Select Settings

4-Select Music

5-Select New Link Service

6-select Apple Music

etc etc

I can’t get past 5-There is no option to Link a New Service. If I physically ask Alexa to enable Apple Music, she can’t find it either. I live in the UK-

is this service available to me, is it just not here yet, or am I missing something?

Cheers

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 2:42 AM

I just booted up my new Echo today. Had the same issue but have now resolved the first bit of it. I just closed the ap and powered off Echo. Alexa then told me she was updating some software and hey presto Apple Music was available to link..

however...

I clicked Apple Music and then it directed me as expected to the Apple Music login page. I did this and also got my two step verification code. Unfortunately, after this step, a “done” button appears but no account linking happened. When I press done, it brings me back to the Apple Music skill that still says it needs to be linked... tried a few times..

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2019 2:42 AM in response to MatthewShaw1972

I just booted up my new Echo today. Had the same issue but have now resolved the first bit of it. I just closed the ap and powered off Echo. Alexa then told me she was updating some software and hey presto Apple Music was available to link..

however...

I clicked Apple Music and then it directed me as expected to the Apple Music login page. I did this and also got my two step verification code. Unfortunately, after this step, a “done” button appears but no account linking happened. When I press done, it brings me back to the Apple Music skill that still says it needs to be linked... tried a few times..

Apple Music Amazon Echo Alexa Linking Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.