Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes not working on Mojave!

Hi! My iTunes has not been working for the past two days. It simply displays the animation on launch but doesn't open and I have to force quit to leave the app.

I have tried restarting the computer numerous times, started iTunes on safe mode and even reinstalling Mojave, all which have not worked.

Please please help.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15" late 2016 with Touch Bar

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Hello mrk18,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with iTunes on your MacBook Pro. I am happy to check this out with you.

I recommend trying the troubleshooting provided in this help article: macOS Mojave - If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly - Apple Support

There are many great troubleshooting steps to help you isolate or solve the issue, and a couple of articles linked within.

If you still have problems after the troubleshooting in that article, it's possible the issue is with the library. Try holding the Option Key while opening iTunes and choosing another library. This article will help: Use multiple iTunes libraries on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 4:02 PM in response to mrk18

Hello mrk18,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with iTunes on your MacBook Pro. I am happy to check this out with you.

I recommend trying the troubleshooting provided in this help article: macOS Mojave - If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly - Apple Support

There are many great troubleshooting steps to help you isolate or solve the issue, and a couple of articles linked within.

If you still have problems after the troubleshooting in that article, it's possible the issue is with the library. Try holding the Option Key while opening iTunes and choosing another library. This article will help: Use multiple iTunes libraries on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Itunes not working on Mojave!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.