Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Word updated December 2018, now not working

December (last week) 2018 every time I opened Word (after it did an update) it asks me to activate.

I don't have Microsoft 365 or whatever it is.

We actually purchased a Microsoft hardware so we wouldn't have this problem. The update which it did itself, was obviously for Microsoft 365??? Now I keep getting asked to activate and when I try to it wants money? My documents will come up, but I can't do anything with them.

Help?

Belinda

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 6:44 PM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2019 2:32 PM in response to belindafromsaint helena

Home office for Mac 2016.

Following advise from Apple, given MacBook Pro had hard disc replaced in Oct last year, and home office for mac is one user only, advised by Apple to ring or chat online with Microsoft telling them aut updates from their servers recognised new computer when same computer and they need to tell server it is same computer.

i did this. She took over computer, completely uninstalled Microsoft at home 2016, then reinstalled it - took hours as my Mac Book Pro is wireless only. Won't hook up to network with lead. I don't know why.

End result it works like a gem and was no coat to me.

Thank goodness for Apple Advisor who gave me correct wording so they understood they didn't have leg to stand on.

Problem resolved thanks to Apple Advisor.

Microsoft Word updated December 2018, now not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.