Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create and delete folders on the word app?

How do I create and deleat folders on the word and how do I move documents into the folder once I figure out how to make a folder?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 7:38 AM

You do not need to download OneDrive, Word already has direct access to it when you sign in with your Microsoft Account.

If you are currently viewing a document in the Word app, tap on the < arrow on the top left corner of the App to bring up the menu bar. You can tap on the "Open" folder icon, then on ... More, then on a location in the left Pane. If you tap on "On My iPad" you can create them directly on the iPad and not on One Drive or iCloud.

If you choose "On My iPad" then you'll need to choose an App/folder there in which to create the folder. It cannot be created on that top level. Choose the Word App/Folder and then drag down the file view to bring up the tools. You can tap on the small folder with a plus icon on the top left to add a new folder.

To save files to that folder, tap on the page icon with the 3 dots at the top left corner next to the < icon, and navigate to the folder.

To delete a folder, just press down on the folder you want to delete to bring up the black ribbon with several options, one of which is Delete.

You will need to go through the "More..." option to get the Browse view and the Delete option however.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 7:38 AM in response to Happychef1234

You do not need to download OneDrive, Word already has direct access to it when you sign in with your Microsoft Account.

If you are currently viewing a document in the Word app, tap on the < arrow on the top left corner of the App to bring up the menu bar. You can tap on the "Open" folder icon, then on ... More, then on a location in the left Pane. If you tap on "On My iPad" you can create them directly on the iPad and not on One Drive or iCloud.

If you choose "On My iPad" then you'll need to choose an App/folder there in which to create the folder. It cannot be created on that top level. Choose the Word App/Folder and then drag down the file view to bring up the tools. You can tap on the small folder with a plus icon on the top left to add a new folder.

To save files to that folder, tap on the page icon with the 3 dots at the top left corner next to the < icon, and navigate to the folder.

To delete a folder, just press down on the folder you want to delete to bring up the black ribbon with several options, one of which is Delete.

You will need to go through the "More..." option to get the Browse view and the Delete option however.

Dec 28, 2018 6:56 AM in response to Happychef1234

Method 1

So first you'll need to install onedrive, it's basically the cloud service for all of your projects on Microsoft. First off you'll need to log in to your Microsoft account, then once you get on to the main screen where you see all your documents well, folders in the corner you will see a little + sign press that sign and tap folder, name it and go into the documents folder. Here you will see all of your word, powerpoint, excel and onenote projects so once you've found the desired files 3D touch on one of them or the one you want you will see that the top is blue and in that ribbon you will see a folder icon with an arrow on it tap that. Now you may see that it will take you in to portrait mode, anyway tap the folder you created at the bottom press on move and your all set.

Note: Im on iOS 9 so things may look different for you

Method 2

This is only if you have iOS 11 or over tap on the files app add a service and tap onedrive (You need the app onedrive) and sign in to it if asked and you can now move folders and feed them The Apple way. The mechanics are a bit different, but you should know them a bit more than onedrive because you own the iPad Pro, but you could of just bought the surface go. It's just my guess.

How do I create and delete folders on the word app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.