Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"migrated" aperture library

Can I delete old Aperture (and iPhoto) libraries if they have been migrated to Photos?

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:23 AM

Your Photos Library will still work, if you delete the original iPhoto or Aperture Library. But I would keep copies of the old, migrated libraries on an external drive, so you can look up the original metadata that do not migrate well to Photos. like the descriptions of the events and albums, the original smart albums and similar. I had to look up the original dates and other items frequently, long after I migrated my libraries to Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 9:23 AM in response to Light Saber

Your Photos Library will still work, if you delete the original iPhoto or Aperture Library. But I would keep copies of the old, migrated libraries on an external drive, so you can look up the original metadata that do not migrate well to Photos. like the descriptions of the events and albums, the original smart albums and similar. I had to look up the original dates and other items frequently, long after I migrated my libraries to Photos.

"migrated" aperture library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.