Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Boot Power Mac G5 DP 2.0gHz

So,i ve got this PowerMac G5 A1047 1969C model with a DP 2.0 gHz,8GB RAM and a nVidia FX 5200 card

So,when i got it,it was running Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS and i changed that to Lubuntu 16.04 LTS(this is on a 160GB WD HDD)

Now,i ve installed a fresh OS X 10.5.8(120 GB Kingston SSD V300) but i kinda have some issues selecting this one

For the most part,the system goes straight to Lubuntu,but if i give it a restart,and press the space bar a lot,it goes to Mac OS X 10.5.8

And now,is this how i should choose between Lubuntu and OS X,or do i need to do something else?

Please be pacient,because i don't have experience with OS X,Lubuntu/Ubuntu/Linux or Mac's/Apple

Thank you for you're time

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 8:16 PM

Press the Option key while starting up and it will give you a list of all the available operating systems to boot from.

When you're running Mac OS X, you can choose which system to boot into next time by going to System Preferences : Startup Disk.

There's probably a similar option in Lubuntu, but I know nothing about that operating system, so I can't say for sure.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 8:16 PM in response to Ulux

Press the Option key while starting up and it will give you a list of all the available operating systems to boot from.

When you're running Mac OS X, you can choose which system to boot into next time by going to System Preferences : Startup Disk.

There's probably a similar option in Lubuntu, but I know nothing about that operating system, so I can't say for sure.

Dual Boot Power Mac G5 DP 2.0gHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.