Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with using photos on iTunes

I have used mac and iTunes for years. I am running Mohave and have an iPhone X. When I just tried to sync my photos with my phone, I couldn't access them. My Photos Library is in my iTunes library on a connected hard drive. iTunes is showing iphotos or other folder as the two choices to sync from. In the iPhotos selection, my albums are all visible but show zero photos when I select them to sync.

How do I get iTunes to read the photos from the photos library? I checked in preferences to see where the photos are saving. They are saving in the Photos Library which is in the iTunes library. I just saved a few hundred photos there and now cannot put them back into my phone in albums and they are gone from my camera roll.

No. I do not use the cloud. That is not an option I wish to pursue.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 2:09 PM

I have no idea what happened. I turned both apps off, unplugged my phone, turned iTunes back on, plugged my phone back in, and the photos library was there in place of the iPhotos library. It is syncing now. Weird.

2 replies

Help with using photos on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.