Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you import an audio file into Keynote

I just saw that one of the new features of Keynote is that you can now add an audio recording to a slide. I'm interested in adding a pre-recorded audio file (MP3, AIFF or other) to a series of slides. Is that possible? If so, how would I do it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 6:48 AM

Keynote has been able to play sound files since the release of version 1.0, fifteen years ago.

• To play a sound file on one side only: Drag and drop the sound file on to the slide

• Sound files do not play over a group of slides, instead place the sound file and all the relevant content on to a single slide and use Builds to play each object (Inspector > Animate > Build In > Add an Effect)

• To play a sound file with all of the slides in a presentation: drag the sound file on to the soundtrack well in: Inspector > Document > Audio
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2018 6:48 AM in response to Gerret Warner

Keynote has been able to play sound files since the release of version 1.0, fifteen years ago.

• To play a sound file on one side only: Drag and drop the sound file on to the slide

• Sound files do not play over a group of slides, instead place the sound file and all the relevant content on to a single slide and use Builds to play each object (Inspector > Animate > Build In > Add an Effect)

• To play a sound file with all of the slides in a presentation: drag the sound file on to the soundtrack well in: Inspector > Document > Audio

Can you import an audio file into Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.