Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating iPhone that won't turn on

I was on a road trip with my family and my iPhone X run out of battery so i plugged it into my macbook to charge. I remember seeing the apple show on the screen as if it was turning on, and then i left it in the car for about 30-40 min. When I came back, it was really hot, the screen was lack and it won't turn on. Any suggestions? what should i do?

It is also only about 2 months old!

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 4:49 PM

Hello nathalie213!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that your iPhone will not turn on after attempting to charge it from your MacBook. If your iPhone still will not respond or start up, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Some heat generation is normal when charging or using an iPhone, but an unusual amount may indicate an issue. If you continue to have heat or charging related issues with your iPhone, you may also find these articles helpful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2018 4:49 PM in response to nathalie213

Hello nathalie213!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that your iPhone will not turn on after attempting to charge it from your MacBook. If your iPhone still will not respond or start up, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Some heat generation is normal when charging or using an iPhone, but an unusual amount may indicate an issue. If you continue to have heat or charging related issues with your iPhone, you may also find these articles helpful:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Cheers.

Overheating iPhone that won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.