Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie video inport

When I try to inport a video from photos into imovie it will only inport an image and not the entire video. I get the error "Video exported as an image" and it adds the comment to "export to disk to retain video file".

Apple recommends inporting your videos to Photos which I can do without a problem, but I can't seem to move them to imovie so I can edit them.

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 7:18 PM

As a workaround, try doing a File/Export from the Photos app to your desktop. Then drag the videos into iMovie.

To cure the underlying problem, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Noe see if your videos will import.

--Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2018 7:18 PM in response to buda123

As a workaround, try doing a File/Export from the Photos app to your desktop. Then drag the videos into iMovie.

To cure the underlying problem, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Noe see if your videos will import.

--Rich

imovie video inport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.