Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio stops on USB Flash Drive playback

This one is difficult for me to figure out where to post. I have a Mac Pro (early 2008) right now and am running Yosemite 10.10.5, I am using Final Cut Pro 6.0.5. I Export my Edited Timeline to a Self-Contained Quick Time Movie and send it to Compressor 4.2.1 where I encode to .M4V (H.264 for Apple Devices) Best Quality (1920x1080).

My videos are mainly Dance Performances & Recitals. So the files are about an hour to 2 hours long and are anywhere from 3GB to 7GB in size. I then copy the .M4V files onto a USB Flash Drive for distribution. I have experimented with both formats MSDos Fat & Exfat.

Here is my issue. I have 2 shows right now, a Matinee & an Evening show, that I need to distribute. During playback of the Evening Show .M4v file, the Audio stops after about 3 seconds from the start of playback (But not with the Matinee Show file and I'm not sure why). If I tap the fast forward button the audio will come back on and stay on. I have tried both USB formats, MSDos Fat & Exfat & I have tried encoding new files but it still keeps happening. So my question would be, why is the Audio stopping? and what can I do about this?

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 11:05 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2018 11:13 PM in response to Scott Winterle1

I forgot to mention that I test playback by plugging the USB Flash drive into the USB port on my Blu-Ray player. Playback on a computer works fine, but not from the Blu-Ray player. I do not yet have a Smart TV to test directly from a USB port on a Smart TV.

Also here is a screen shot of the Audio settings. Does anything here need to be adjusted?

Audio stops on USB Flash Drive playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.