Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing a used iPhone X

Hi

I'm willing to purchase a used iPhone X and just wondering.

Can the seller contact Apple one day and tell them that his phone was stolen or lost?

Which will probably lead to lock of my phone after a while...?

If yes, What can I do in order to avoid it? can the seller let apple know that the owner has been changed?

Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 4:19 PM

Greetings elyanivson,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're concerned with buying a used iPhone, as you mentioned you're curious if the seller would be able to lock you out of it.

The only way the seller would be able to lock you out of the iPhone, is with Find My iPhone Activation Lock. The following guide provides helpful information on Activation Lock, and shows how to check for Activation Lock prior to purchasing a used iPhone: Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2019 4:19 PM in response to elyanivson

Greetings elyanivson,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're concerned with buying a used iPhone, as you mentioned you're curious if the seller would be able to lock you out of it.

The only way the seller would be able to lock you out of the iPhone, is with Find My iPhone Activation Lock. The following guide provides helpful information on Activation Lock, and shows how to check for Activation Lock prior to purchasing a used iPhone: Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Cheers.

Purchasing a used iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.