Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Green dot in iPhone photos

I bought new iPhone XS Max last week.

Unfortunately, in most photos and videos (in daylight or at night, in the outdoors or inside), one or more green dots appear on the photo. I didn’t have this problem with my previous iPhone X.My friend also has this iPhone, but he does not have this problem. Someone can help me

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 7:50 AM

Jan 2, 2019 12:11 AM in response to trevorragle In response to trevorragle

This article only explains how to remove stains with the program or change the angle. It seems to me that a phone with this price should not have this problem and I hoped it would be easy to fix it overall.

But anyway thanks for your help

Jan 2, 2019 12:11 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 2, 2019 2:21 AM in response to faezeh160 In response to faezeh160

Actually it tells you how to avoid creating the spot when taking photos, and then it explains how to get rid of it on photos you've already taken.

Basically it's lens flare that causes a reflection inside the camera optics; you can get the same thing on a DSLR with a $10,000 lens.

Jan 2, 2019 2:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 2, 2019 2:04 PM in response to faezeh160 In response to faezeh160

It would have been helpful if you could show a sample picture. It would be easier to determine if it is lens flare or a sensor defect. Lens flare is indeed something that can occur in any camera that uses more than one lens-element made of semi-reflective, transparent material. Which is, as far as I know, all current lenses.

Jan 2, 2019 2:04 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 16, 2019 3:57 PM in response to Tigergutt72 In response to Tigergutt72

That's not lens flare. That's a defect. If you're within the 2-week period after purchase, take it back for a refund and buy a replacement (to restart the 2-week timer). Otherwise, take it back for repair/replace under warranty.

Feb 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 16, 2019 7:37 PM in response to Philly_Phan In response to Philly_Phan

If you look at the position of the sun, it actually IS flare and is normal.

I’ve taken similar photos and it’s what you get when there is a bright point source shining directly into the lens (like the sun in the posted photo.)

Here’s a Reddit thread on it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/9qznxm/iphone_xsxs_maxxr_glowing_green_dot_in_images/

Feb 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 16, 2019 10:55 PM in response to Dogcow-Moof In response to Dogcow-Moof

Probably correct, but the OP says this occurs in many circumstances that don't sound like they would cause flare. It would be a mistake not to take it to the Apple Store and have the camera checked just to be sure, or straight-up return it if bought less than 14 days ago.

Feb 16, 2019 10:55 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: faezeh160

Question: Green dot in iPhone photos