Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security msg: apple id being used to sign to an iPhone near upper Marlboro, MD

My iPhone was stollen in 2015. About 6 months ago, I removed it from my Apple account. For the past 2 days, when I log into my Apple account, I get the pop up message: "apple id being used to sign to an iPhone near upper Marlboro, MD" (I'm about 40 miles away from Marlboro, MD). I check "don't allow" and have changed the Apple ID password twice, but the message keeps popping up. Any ideas as to what may be going on? I appreciate the help!

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 8:39 AM

You are welcome. Based on what I have read, it is a normal popup that is sent when you are signing in. If you weren't signing in when you got it, then someone may be trying to access your account. There have been reports of scam email/messages sent in an attempt to get you to click a link to sign in, thus revealing your ID/password to the scammer.

Based on what you posted, you should be okay.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2019 8:39 AM in response to Mariianafrommd

You are welcome. Based on what I have read, it is a normal popup that is sent when you are signing in. If you weren't signing in when you got it, then someone may be trying to access your account. There have been reports of scam email/messages sent in an attempt to get you to click a link to sign in, thus revealing your ID/password to the scammer.

Based on what you posted, you should be okay.

Security msg: apple id being used to sign to an iPhone near upper Marlboro, MD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.