Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Os Mojaveh new update issues!!

Do anyone know how can I solve issues that Apple new update (Mac Os Mojave) made for Photoshop app? They provide no solution! I have projects to do. I have the latest update of Photoshop but it is so slow. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do?

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 7:19 AM

That's not really the whole report, but it still shows enough to see what's going on.

You apparently don't have enough physical RAM installed for what you're asking the Mac to do. That means it has to dump data out of real RAM to virtual RAM (your spinning disk) to make room in real RAM for the foreground task. Any time your computer has to resort to using the disk, you will get big slow downs. Worse if it's a slow drive (5400 rpm vs. 7200 rpm or faster), or the drive is wearing out.

To post the entire report, click the Share report button in EtreCheck. It will copy a pre-formatted list of data to the clipboard. The new forum software doesn't allow posting the entire report in the main window of one response because of a text limit. Click the small "paper" icon in the formatting bar to add as much text as you want.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2019 7:19 AM in response to ershiya

That's not really the whole report, but it still shows enough to see what's going on.

You apparently don't have enough physical RAM installed for what you're asking the Mac to do. That means it has to dump data out of real RAM to virtual RAM (your spinning disk) to make room in real RAM for the foreground task. Any time your computer has to resort to using the disk, you will get big slow downs. Worse if it's a slow drive (5400 rpm vs. 7200 rpm or faster), or the drive is wearing out.

To post the entire report, click the Share report button in EtreCheck. It will copy a pre-formatted list of data to the clipboard. The new forum software doesn't allow posting the entire report in the main window of one response because of a text limit. Click the small "paper" icon in the formatting bar to add as much text as you want.

Jan 4, 2019 10:32 AM in response to ershiya

Okay, though that's not the same as the Mac simply being "slow".

Mojave seems to be a bit of a mess. I had to go back to High Sierra on my 2010 Mac Pro so I could use our small NAS server without constant write error messages. The other person with a 2018 Mac Mini has no choice but to copy files they want to work on to the Mac, then copy them back to the server and overwrite the older files. This appears to be specific to the Adobe apps.

Here's the bug report I sent to both Apple and Adobe:

It took us a while to figure out Mojave was the key to the issue, and not the NAS. In High Sierra, with the exact same version of Photoshop CC 2019, I can work directly off the NAS all day, every day without a single issue. As soon as myself, or someone else using Mojave tries to directly access the files on the NAS, writing files becomes nearly impossible for everyone.

Mac Os Mojaveh new update issues!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.