You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent money to the wrong person

How can I get my money back if I sent money to the wrong person whose country is not available to use Apple Pay Cash. He cannot send it to me back because he can’t simply set it up.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 9:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2019 5:12 PM in response to aiko208

Hello aiko208,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you sent money to someone via Apple Pay Cash but that feature is not available in that person's country at this time and would like to know how you can get your money back. I am happy to help.

According to: Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

"If you send money to someone who hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment. Here's how:

Open Messages and go to the payment. Or go to the payment in transaction history.

Tap the payment to see its details, then check the Status field.

Tap Cancel Payment. The Status field updates to say Canceled.

If you don't see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted the payment. Try asking the person to send money back to you instead.

If you reject or cancel a payment, the money will be refunded by the next business day depending on your bank or card issuer."

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Sent money to the wrong person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.